Overall Software Engineering Output
The engineering team works across multiple products including e-commerce engine, mobile apps, backend systems and more. You will be responsible for the software engineering output of the team and you will own the full software development life cycle process. This includes tangible metrics like velocity and quality but also intangible measures like team morale, learning and improvement and advocating best practices across the team.
You will be part of the software development and organizational processes, that enables efficiency, is scalable and minimizes friction between engineering and other key stakeholders: Product, Architecture, UI/UX, Security, other business units.
Effective communication and Delegation:
You will be leading a team of 10+ engineers (which is expected to grow rapidly over the next 3 years) with diverse skillsets, personal backgrounds and across multiple time-zones. You’ll communicate and delegate through layers, taking care to make sure everybody on your team understands where we’re going next and why. You will mentor and develop a deeply motivated, diverse and growing team.
You will be responsible for identifying areas of key need, leading the hiring process. You will also work with Technology leadership to optimize engineering culture and help attract and retain top talent.
In Your Role
- You will be responsible for designing, building, improving, or maintaining our products and systems
- You will also be managing a team (or teams) of engineers, growing and empowering them to accomplish great things, and ensuring that best practices, standards, and processes are adhered to.
- You will spend 60-80% time in engineering and product, and 20-40% time in people management and coaching depending on team size.
- You will need to acquire contextual breadth and depth in your product domain and manage stakeholders’ expectations.
- You will work in cross-functional teams and meet great people regularly from top tier technology, consulting, product, or academic background.
- Passion in software engineering, application development, or systems development
- Passion in leading teams and growing people
- Strong sense of responsibility
- Excellent understanding of software engineering concepts, design patterns, and algorithms
- 8+ years hands-on experience in Software Engineering
- 5+ years of experience developing web based products
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, and influence skills and personal maturity
- At least 3-5 years of technical leadership experience is preferred
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent
Perks In Play
- Mentorship and career guidance
- An atmosphere of inclusion and collaboration
- Regional network connections and opportunities
- Constant innovation and discovery challenge
- Fun and product-focused culture
- Drive Excellence
- Be a positive team player
- Engage constructively, disagree and commit
- Demonstrate Accountability
- Exercise Good Judgement
Interested applicants please submit your resume to Oliver.firstname.lastname@example.org
EA Reg no: R1657051
Company Reg No.: 201131609D
Licence No.: 11C4684