Remuneration : up to SG$180K base per annum
Location : Singapore
- Overseeing the management of regulatory compliance matters in the Singapore Branch. Serve as the interface between MAS and the Branch handling MAS queries and liaising with the Head of Compliance and the Singapore General Manager on MAS related matters.
- Conducting the client due diligence processes in line with Singapore and UK laws and regulations as set out in company’s policy and Anti-Money Laundering and Counter Terrorist Financing monitoring – involves checking clients and ensuring that new and current clients comply with Singapore and UK Anti-Money Laundering and Counter Terrorist Financing requirements.
- Responsible for reporting of any suspicious transactions to the relevant authorities in Singapore.
- Conducting Country Risk Assessments, ascertaining the risks involved in trading with companies based in various countries.
- Devising the material for and carrying out staff training on regulatory related matters including induction training, Fit and Proper, anti-money laundering and financial crime, market abuse and other regulatory topic training.
- Responsible for MAS registration and deregistration process for licensed representatives and administration of the relevant exam bookings.
- Undertaking the Compliance risk-based monitoring programme including overseeing and carrying out topic specific reviews and assessments to ensure adherence and compliance with MAS requirements. Ensuring the monitoring programme remains effective.
- Drafting Compliance policies, manuals and procedures, researching into and reporting on regulatory requirements and developments with opportunities to present to Senior Management.
- Developing close working relationships with the business to engender a culture of Compliance and effective Risk Management within the Singapore Branch and dealing with ad hoc enquiries from the business areas.
- Keeping up to date with regulatory developments and assisting the Head of Compliance with the implementation of new rules and processes.
- Check Personal Account Dealing requests and arrange for their approval.
- Review risk inspection reports and MAS regulatory returns.
- Assist with the preparations for the monthly Compliance Committee, including preparing the Singapore Branch Agenda items and presenting these at the Committee.
- Assist the Singapore GM and the firm’s senior management to discharge their responsibilities in respect of both Singapore and UK legal, regulatory and compliance matters by updating the Singapore GM and Head of Compliance promptly of any relevant issues.
- A minimum of four years working experience of which two years in a Compliance function preferably with a holder of Capital Markets Services Licence or an overseas regulated Financial Institution.
- Must have a thorough knowledge of Securities and Futures Act and its application with particular focus on securities business, preferably with a relevant qualification.
- Good understanding of the laws, regulations and the risk based approach in relation to AML and CTF client due diligence, and its application to institutional clients.
- Understanding of fixed income securities business is preferable.
- Strong working knowledge of Word, Excel, and Outlook
- Experience and preference of working in a small team.
- Work experience in the areas of Compliance and Client Due Diligence/Onboarding is preferable, with a strong desire to work in the area of Compliance.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, confident, organised, able to work under pressure and to deadlines.
- Highly motivated – strong emotional intelligence
- Able to work unsupervised and manage own workload, possess a proactive work ethic and be willing to be hands on and get involved in all aspects of the role from filing and data input through to presenting at committees.
- Methodical person with strong administrative skills and an eye for detail.
- Able to balance theoretical knowledge with commercial sense and understanding of the bigger picture.
- Must be flexible in approach – a “can do” attitude is essential in a small office.
Interested applicants, please submit your resume to email@example.com
EA Reg no: R1328685
Company Reg No.: 201131609D
Licence No.: 11C4684